WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
This statement confirms how I, Beverly Franks of www.gloscounselling.care, Beverly Franks Counselling and Psychotherapy use and protect any information that you give to me when you use this service.
I am committed to safeguarding and protecting your information. If I ask you for any information then it will only be used according to this privacy statement.
I may change this policy from time to time in line with legislation and I advise that you check this page from time to time to be aware of any changes. This policy is effective from 14th May 2018.
Any changes to this policy will be on this page and if relevant will be notified you by email.
For the purpose of Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and General Data Protection Regulation 2016, the data controller is Beverly Franks Counselling and Psychotherapy of Beech Cottage, Newtown, Stonehouse, GL10 3RW
Like most websites, my website uses Google Analytics (GA). This data is used to look at the number of people using the site and how they find it and how they journey through the website. It also records your IP address which can personally identify you. Google does not give me access to this.
You may also give me information such as your name, address and telephone number by completing the form on my site or by contacting me by telephone or by email.
Where necessary to act in your best interests I may need to process information, that is sensitive in nature such as health information. In some circumstances, I may need to share this information with a third party such as a GP. I would advise that you do not share personal sensitive information on my website but if you choose to do so, then you will be allowing me to process it as part of my services to you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA CONFIDENTIALITY
All our work together is confidential and I will not disclose any information about you to a third party without your consent subject to the following exceptions:
- As a member of UKCP, it is a requirement that I have regular supervision with a registered supervisor of Counselling and Psychotherapy. This is to support me in my work with you and ensure that I work to your best interests. At such times the only identifiable information they receive is your first name. All supervisors are also bound by confidentiality rules.
- As a member of UKCP, it is a requirement of accreditation that I have a therapeutic will with a named executor. My supervisor is currently my executor and would contact you in the unfortunate case of my demise or illness. He has my instructions on closing down my therapeutic practice which includes the destruction of case notes and contact details by shredding.
- Some laws in certain circumstances require me to break confidentiality such as the Terrorism Act and Drug Trafficking Act. In certain circumstances, I am required to break confidentiality without informing you.
- If I believe you or someone else is at risk I would inform your doctor or the police if necessary to protect yours or another person’s life. I would endeavour wherever possible to inform you in advance.
- Where necessary or required with other health care professionals ( usually only with your consent).
- If the information given to me about a child or vulnerable adult is of a safeguarding nature and leads me to believe that they are at imminent risk. I would notify the relevant authority. I would endeavour wherever possible to discuss with you in advance.
- If I am required to do so in the course of a police investigation or I am required to answer questions in court.
- With my regulatory body, (UKCP), or my insurance company in the event of a complaint or insurance claim being brought against me;
- My solicitor in the event of any investigation or legal proceedings being brought against me.
HOW I STORE INFORMATION
If you contact me via my contact me form, no data will be stored on the website or passed to any third party. All data will be transferred and stored within the European Economic Area.
How you transmit data onto my site is at your risk and I cannot guarantee the safety of this. Once I have received your data then I have procedures and security to ensure I do my best to safeguard your information and prevent unauthorised access.
My website is protected by SSL so that the email content is encrypted before being sent over the internet.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and me and provide you with the services that you request from me
- To administer my website, data analysis, statistical and survey purposes, testing.
- To enable improvements to the website
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To keep records such as client hours
- To run and maintain my business i.e. for financial records
- To notify you about changes to our service.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can request access to the personal information that I hold on you and except in limited circumstances when I am not permitted to do so for legal reasons, I will provide this information to you within 30 days.
If you feel that any information that I hold about you is inaccurate then you are able to ask me to update your information. If you want me to delete your information then please do so in writing and I will endeavour to do so unless I need to keep it for legal or internal business purposes.
My site contains links to and from the websites of partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you wish to contact me with questions, concerns, complaints or request for your information then please contact me at:
Beverly Franks Counselling and Psychotherapy
Data Protection Registration Number: ZA361206
Last revised on 25/05/2108